Careers | elmo
At elmo, our mission is to help people switch to an electric car.
We believe that new technology should benefit everyone and work for a brighter, cleaner future for our planet.
Our MaaS platform (www.elmodrive.com) removes the cost and complexity from getting an electric vehicle. We believe in ‘usership’ not ownership and provide electric vehicles on affordable and flexible monthly subscriptions with all services (charging, energy, insurance, maintenance and breakdown) included in the price.
This bundled offering makes us the world's first 'total cost of ownership' subscription platform for electric vehicles.
The team is led by Oliver Jones (Angel Investment Network, Startup Microdose Podcast) and Luke Gavin (Element Energy, Octopus Energy); and backed by private investors and an advisory team including a former Director of Tesla and BMW Group, the former Head of EV at EDF Energy and the former Founder and CTO of Unmind.
2019 involved researching the concept, building key relationships and partnerships, fundraising, engaging with prospective customers and finally building the first version of the platform.
The platform went live to a limited number of early users in mid-February 2020 before we were forced to pause vehicle deliveries during Covid. We are now experiencing high demand and are ramping up for a full launch in September 2020.
We are looking for an ‘omni-competent’ graduate who’s teeming with energy and enthusiasm to join our team in a multi-faceted role spanning marketing, operations and business development.
We are offering this as a 3-month internship opportunity but with the hope and expectation that it will evolve into a full-time role.
In general, the role will be to work closely with the two founders to support them in all aspects of running the business. Tasks will include:
- Help manage all aspects of the customer experience from prospect to active customer
- Help refine operational processes
- Help manage social media growth and outreach
- Research and produce blog content
- Help plan and execute marketing campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail
- Previous work experience(s) in a startup or other business environment
- Social media management
- Customer success management
- Genuine interest or experience in mobility/automotive/green energy sectors
- Full UK Driving licence
- Be an early team member in a well-funded and sustainability-driven startup
- Gain experience in a fast-growing industry
- Work closely with the founders across all parts of the business
- Opportunity for a full-time role with share options