EU travel with elmo
Buckle up! We’re pleased to introduce EU travel with elmo. One of our latest bolt-ons which allows elmo subscribers the freedom to travel anywhere in Europe in their electric car. It’s simple to request and as always, we’ll take care of everything for you.
Europe is your oyster…
How does it work?
- Email us at email@example.com with at least 2 weeks’ notice to let us know you’d like to travel abroad in your elmo car. We need to know how long you plan to be abroad and what countries you’ll be travelling to
- We’ll process your request and if accepted, get your documents posted out to you via Royal Mail Tracked & Signed. You’ll need to take these original copies with you when travelling abroad
- Your EU travel bolt-on price will be added to your next monthly invoice
- Once you receive your documents – you can hit the road!
How much does it cost?
£75 per week abroad
This price covers the additional insurance, breakdown cover and admin associated with travelling abroad. This fee in non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Where can you travel?
You can drive your elmo car anywhere in the EU! Here’s a full list:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
Rest of Europe: Andorra, Channel Islands, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, The Isle of Man
Are there any conditions?
- Give us at least 2 weeks’ notice prior to travel
- Have been a customer for at least 1 month
- Have no outstanding payments or existing claims still being processed
What happens if i breakdown?
Firstly, make sure you and any passengers, or other members of the public are safe, and then secure the vehicle. Then, as usual, contact elmo Breakdown Assistance at 0333 070 2788. Our partners at the RAC operate this and are available 24/7. They will be able to assist you – whether that’s towing you to a local garage, or providing you with a courtesy car.
What if there's an accident?
Again, first and foremost make sure everyone involved is safe. If anyone is injured, please call the local emergency services, and follow their advice. Once you and the vehicle are safe, submit a claim through the elmo Claims App or call us on 0345 300 4644. We’d recommend you download our App before you travel so it’s ready in case of unforeseen circumstances. For detailed instructions and links to download the app, see our emergency guide page.
Do I need a bolt-on for Northern Ireland?
No, you can travel as normal and there’s no need to let us know.
What happens if I need to stay abroad for longer?
Just contact our Fleet team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 165 4945 to submit a request and they can support you throughout the process.
Checklist for travelling in Europe
Travelling abroad can be a daunting task. Different road signs, KPH instead of MPH, plus the added challenge of driving on the wrong side of the road!
But don’t worry, we’ll still be here to support you – wherever you may be. Here’s a checklist of some of the things you’ll need when driving in Europe.
1. Full and valid license and National Insurance number
2. Proof of vehicle insurance – we’ll send you this
3. Proof of ID (passport is best)
4. VE103B Certificate (substitute for a V5C)- we’ll send you this
5. EU Breakdown Cover Policy and numbers – this will be included in your pack
6. Travel insurance documents (you’ll need to arrange this yourself)
7. Reflective jackets
8. Warning triangle
9. UK car sticker
10. First Aid Kit – compulsory in Austria, France & Germany
*Please note this is not an exhaustive list, you should check the country specific guidelines before travelling.
Call us on 0330 165 4945
Email us at email@example.com
Try our suitability tool
Browse our electric cars