The elmo March 2023 giveaway
*This competition is closed*
WIN two luxury subscriptions for both you and a loved one worth over £800
That’s four annual subscriptions in total!
This competition is closed.
We love a good subscription at elmo. So, we’re giving our Instagram followers the chance to win over £800 worth of subscriptions for both them and a chosen loved one: a gift flower subscription from Bloom & Wild and an annual book subscription from Rare Birds Books – that’s two, free, annual subscriptions each!
Who can enter the competition
Anyone following our Instagram account @elmodrive.
Where the competition will run
The competition is running solely on our Instagram (@elmodrive).
When the competition opens and closes
The competition opened when the competition post was published at 10am, Monday 06th March 2023. The competition closed at 10am, Friday 24th March 2023.
How to enter the competition
You need to:
- Follow the @elmodrive account on Instagram
- Like the competition post
- And tag someone in the comments of the post
Only those who have completed all three actions will be chosen as winner from the prize draw.
How the winner will find out
The winner will be contacted on the afternoon of Friday 24th March 2023 via Instagram (so do check your direct messages!). The winner’s name, residential address and email address will be requested (along with the name, residential address and email address of their chosen loved one) in order to issue the gift subscriptions.
Who are Bloom & Wild?
Bloom & Wild are a ‘letterbox flower subscription’ company. They do what it says on the tin really: flowers are sent through your letterbox so they can be delivered even when there’s nobody home. You decide what flowers you’d like, or they can choose them for you (surprise!). They have styles for every home so there’s a little something for everyone.
Who are Rare Birds Books?
Rare Birds Books are a company enhancing the way we read. Their book subscriptions give you two special edition books to choose from each month, with insights from authors, additional reading lists and more. They do the hard work finding the best books of the year, so you don’t have to. Plus, you get to join in the conversation online and take part in their book clubs with other members.
elmo March 2023 Instagram Competition – Terms & Conditions
SHORT TERMS & CONDITIONS
UK residents aged 18+, must be following the @elmodrive Instagram account. Internet, full name, residential address and email address required for both the winner and winner’s chosen loved one. Starts 10am 06/03/2023. Ends 10am 24/03/2023.
Prizes: 1x Bloom and Wild gift subscription for both the winner and winners chosen loved one and 1x Rare Birds Books annual subscription for both the winner and winners chosen loved one (making four subscriptions in total).
Must be a UK resident with an active email address and current residential address in order to receive prizes.
To enter draw, follow the elmo Instagram account (@elmodrive), like the competition post and tag a friend in the comment section of the competition post. 1x follow, like and comment equals 1x entry. Max 1x entry per person. Flower and book delivery to UK only. elmo drive Ltd, Form 2, 18 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom, RG27 9XA.
For full T&Cs and privacy notice, see below.
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions (“Rules”) that apply to the ‘elmo March 2023 Instagram giveaway’ (“Promotion”). By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees to these Rules and confirms they have read and understood the elmo Privacy Notice at https://elmodrive.com/privacy-policy/. Please also see how we limit our liability in Rule 10.
1. Promoter: Elmo Drive Limited, a company registered in England (company no. 11520330) with its registered office address at Form 2, 18 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom, RG27 9XA.
2. Entry period. The Promotion is open for entry from 10am on 06th March 2023 until 10am on 24th March 2023 (“Entry Period”).
3. Competition post: The Competition post on Instagram is where all entries will be counted.
4. Eligibility: Entry is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland only) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. The Promotion is not open to employees and contractors of elmo, or any of its group companies, their families and households and anyone else professionally involved or associated with the Promotion. elmo reserves the right at any time to require proof of eligibility in such form as elmo reasonably requires.
5. How to enter: To enter the Promotion, entrants must do the following within the Entry Period: (i) follow the elmo Instagram account @elmodrive, (ii) like the Competition post and (iii) tag a friend in the comments of the competition post. A limit of one (1) entry per person applies to the Promotion, regardless of how many comments are made. elmo reserves the right at any time to disqualify anyone found to have entered more than once, including by using multiple names and accounts.
Prize: There will be a total of one (1) winner. The prize is for two Bloom and Wild (https://www.bloomandwild.com/gift-subscriptions) gift subscriptions worth the value of £240 each, to be arranged for the winner and their chosen loved one the following week of the competition, AND two Rare Birds Books (https://rarebirdsbooks.com/collections/gift-subscriptions) annual subscriptions worth the value of £168.75 each, also to be arranged for the winner and their chosen loved one the following week of the competition.
The Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and no cash alternative is available. However, if elmo considers it appropriate, or if it becomes necessary for reasons beyond elmo’s control (e.g. where a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason), a Prize may be varied or swapped for a suitable alternative at elmo’s discretion.
- Two Bloom and Wild flower gift subscriptions (one for the winner, one for the winners chosen loved one)
- Two Rare Birds Books annual book subscription (one for the winner, one for the winners chosen loved one)
- Delivery, purchase and organisation of the subscription is arranged by elmo as part of the prize
6. Prize Conditions: A condition of the prize is that the winner must be at least 18 years old at time of entry and complete all three actions detailed in (5.) How to Enter. You must also have an active Instagram account on Friday 24th March in order for the elmo Team to reach out via Direct Message to request your email address, in order solely to arrange the delivery of the Prize
7. Winner selection: All eligible entries will be entered into a random draw which will take place on 24th March 2023. elmo will enter the Instagram usernames of all entrants who completed all three actions detailed in (5.) How to Enter, as written on the Competition post, into a spreadsheet. Each username will be given a number, after which a random number generator will then choose one number. Whoever the selector chooses is who elmo will contact as winner.
8. Winner notification: The winner will receive a Direct Message from the @elmodrive Instagram account informing them of their win, and requesting an email address for further communication to arrange the Prize delivery. elmo will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner, but it is the winner’s responsibility to monitor their Instagram account (including Requests folder) for receipt of the notification. The winner must respond to elmo’s initial contact within seven (7) days; if not, an alternative winner will be selected and notified as set out above.
9. Claiming Prizes: Winners should respond to the Direct Message from the @elmodrive Instagram account within seven (7) days of receiving it, detailing an email address for further communication and to arrange Prize delivery. Failure to respond with the required information within the above timeframe may result in a Prize being forfeited and the selection of an alternative winner.
10. Prize delivery: elmo will liaise with the winner throughout the subscription booking process for both them and their loved one, to ensure its arranged for delivery to their residential address. Exact delivery dates and times depend on the availability from both subscription providers (Bloom and Wild & Rare Birds Books).
11. Liability: Nothing in these Rules limits or excludes any person’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or for any matter for which liability cannot be lawfully limited or excluded. In particular, consumers have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described and services which are not performed with reasonable care and skill and these legal rights are in addition to and are not affected in any way by anything contained in these Rules.
12. However, to the fullest extent permissible by law, elmo will not be liable for: (i) any loss or damage caused by a third party who is not acting on behalf of or under the direct instructions of elmo; (ii) any loss or damage occurring as a result of the winner taking up and using any third-party product or service forming part of the Prize (except where caused by the negligence of elmo, its agents or distributors or that of their employees); (iii) any loss or damage caused by any event or circumstance beyond elmo’s reasonable control; (iv) any loss of profits or revenue, loss of anticipated savings or loss of goodwill; or (v) any unavailability of elmo’s websites, apps or social media accounts. Further advice about consumer rights is available from any local Citizens’ Advice Bureau (https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/) or local Trading Standards office (https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office).
13. Endorsement: The Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by any other third party, however Rare Birds Books are gifting 1x annual book subscription to elmo, as part of the competition, for sole use of giving away to the winner. All third-party trademarks and other intellectual property rights are hereby acknowledged. Use of and entry to promotions via social media platforms is always subject to the rules, terms and policies of those platforms. By participating in the Promotion, entrants are providing information to elmo, not to the relevant social media platform or any other third party. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the relevant social media platforms and any other relevant third party shall have no liability to any person in connection with or arising out of the Promotion howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, damages and other liabilities.
14. Cancellation and variation: elmo reserve the right to vary, suspend or cancel the Promotion and/or these Rules if it considers it necessary or appropriate to do so, including if there is any actual or anticipated breach of applicable law or if variation, suspension or cancellation is necessary due to an event outside elmo’s reasonable control. In the event of cancellation, the Prize may be awarded to winners drawn from entries received prior to cancellation.
15. Disqualification: Without limiting the options available to elmo, elmo reserves the right at any time to disqualify entries or entrants that elmo regards as being in breach of these Rules, any applicable laws, any terms and conditions referred to in these Rules or the spirit of the Promotion. Interference with the Promotion: Any attempt to damage or undermine the content or legitimate operation of the Promotion is prohibited and may also be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. elmo reserves all its rights and remedies to deal with breaches or suspected breaches of this Rule including, without limitation, to exclude any entrant or winner believed to be associated with such activity.
16. Publicity: By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that, in the event of a win, elmo shall be entitled (but not obliged) to announce the winner’s name (and/or social media handle if applicable) on elmo’s websites and social media. The entrant may also be asked (without further reward) to take part in reasonable publicity connected with the Promotion, such as to have their name and/or image, together with a short statement about their win, featured on elmo’s website and/or social media.
17. Disclosure of winner’s details: By entering the Promotion, each entrant acknowledges that in the event of a win their Instagram username, first name and surname and county of residence may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Any entrant may object to their information being made available in this way or may request that the amount of information made available be reduced, by contacting elmo using the contact details at the end of these Rules. In these circumstances, the entrant acknowledges that elmo may nevertheless disclose the relevant information, and the entrant’s entry, to the Advertising Standards Authority (and/or any other competent authority) if required to do so. This may happen where elmo is required to demonstrate that it has awarded any advertised prizes. To request disclosure of winner details, enquirers must submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org within one (1) month following the end of the Entry Period. Details will only be disclosed (if permitted by law) after the Prize has been awarded.
18. Personal data: Entrants acknowledge that any personal data processed in connection with the Promotion will be processed in accordance with elmo’s Privacy Notice, which is available at https://elmodrive.com/privacy-policy/.
19. Accessing these Rules: Any website on which these Rules are posted is only intended to be accessed from United Kingdom and where permitted by law. elmo makes no representation that materials relating to the Promotion are appropriate or available for use at other locations. Access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited.
20. Severance and waiver: If any part of these Rules is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the rest of these Rules will not be affected. elmo’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
21. Disputes: Subject to Rule 21, if there is a dispute about the Promotion or these Rules, elmo’s decisions are final. If there is a conflict between these Rules and any other document referred to in these Rules, these Rules take precedence to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict.
22. Law and jurisdiction: The Promotion and these Rules are governed by English law, and any disputes arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, except that residents of Scotland may also bring proceedings in the Scottish courts.
23. Contact: Enquiries about the Promotion should be emailed to the elmo Marketing team on: email@example.com
What is elmo?
At elmo, we’re on a mission to make electric cars accessible to everyone.
We believe you should be able to drive an electric car with total flexibility, in case the car doesn’t fit your lifestyle; or things change and you no longer need a car.
You can choose from either our most flexible subscription, or commit a little longer to get our best prices.
Then, just before the end of your minimum term, you can hand in your 30 days’ notice or keep the car for as long as you like.
Call us on 0330 165 4945
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Try our suitability tool
Browse our electric cars