Starting your subscription
It’s great that you’ve confirmed a new car subscription request on elmo! We will have you up and running in no time. Here’s what happens next:
Getting your Vehicle
- Confirmation: We will check over the details of your application (incl. driving license, driving history, credit check) and double check with our vehicle partner that the vehicle you selected is available.
- Payment taken: If you’re all good to go, we’ll accept the ‘initial payment’ you made which is currently in a holding account with our payment partner Stripe. If, for whatever reason we don’t go ahead with your subscription, the funds will be returned to you by Stripe.
- Set up Direct Debit: We will ask you to set up a direct debit for your future monthly payments starting from month 2 of your subscription (you will have already paid for month 1 as part of the ‘initial payment’ via Stripe).
- Delivery date confirmed: Once we’ve checked everything and you’ve set up the direct debit, we will set the final bits in motion and confirm the delivery date with you.
- Sign our Hire Contract: We will then send you our hire contract with the specific details of your subscription. You can sign this online without the hassle of printing and posting!
- Delivery: our logistics partner will then deliver the car to you on the agreed subscription start date!
Setting up the Extras in your Bundle
You may have chosen to include additional services in your subscription. To get completely set up, there may be some extra steps you need to take…
Home charge point
If you chose to include an Ohme home charge point in your subscription, here’s what will happen next:
- We will send your details to our partner to start the process.
- Our partner will then email you to request information for the install (the sooner you return the information to them, the sooner they’ll be able to install your charge point).
- Once the survey is complete, our partner will schedule and carry out an installation.
- The installer will activate your charge point so you can start charging straight away.
- All the billing will be done through us so you won’t need to pay our partner anything.
We aim to install the charge point as close to your vehicle delivery date as possible. Unfortunately, this is not always feasible. But don’t worry, you can charge using a normal 3-pin plug in the meantime!
A bit more about the installation…
Our one-off fee of £125 covers a standard installation of your new Ohme charge point.
What’s covered in a standard installation?
- Installation of the unit onto a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 15 metres (50 feet) of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charging unit.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if required.
If you don’t meet the criteria for a standard installation, we can still install the unit, but extra charges may apply. We will keep you in the loop about any additional charges and we’ll only go ahead if you give the green light.
Home energy supply
To include home charging in your elmo subscription and benefit from a discounted monthly mileage allowance, you’ll need to switch to our renewable energy partner, So Energy – a great supplier offering low rates and excellent customer service.
Luckily, switching energy suppliers is a breeze these days. So, if you chose to include this in your subscription, here’s what you need to do:
- Once your subscription is confirmed, we will send you an email with a special link
- Follow the link, get a quote, and fill in the rest of your details (usually takes about 3 minutes)
- The team at So Energy will do their magic and arrange your switch from your current supplier, which usually takes around 21 days
- Your Home Energy will start once the switch is complete, usually in your second month with elmo
Already a So Energy customer
- Once your subscription is confirmed, we’ll send you an email with your elmo customer number
- You’ll need to contact So Energy to give them the number. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0330 111 5050 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- The So Energy team will connect your So Energy and elmo accounts
Once your Home Energy begins:
- You’ll pay a Home Energy fee as part of your elmo subscription.
- You’ll receive a monthly credit to your So Energy account, covering the cost of your mileage allowance.
- If you charge more than your free mileage allowance, no problem – the extra energy will simply be billed with the rest of your domestic usage by So Energy.
- If you charge less than you’ve paid for through your subscription, the unused energy will be discounted from your So Energy bill.
- Whatever happens, you’ll only pay for the energy you use!
If you decide to switch away from So Energy during your subscription, all your energy usage for your car will be included on your domestic bill with your new energy supplier.
Please let us know if you switch, so we can remove Home Energy from your monthly subscription fee. Email email@example.com
Did you choose to include a BP Pulse membership in your subscription?
Either way, there’s nothing you need to do. We will post your membership card to your delivery address or just deliver it with your car!