Pricing on elmo
At elmo, our mission is to make it easy for you to go electric. As part of that, we want to be clear and transparent about our pricing. So here’s a handy overview of how it works…
Our pricing is competitive with lease deals and, unlike those leases, we don’t charge a deposit and don't require you to lock-in for a lengthy contract. But we do take some payments upfront at the point of booking.
- First Month of Subscription. When you book we’ll take a payment covering the first month of your subscription. Your future monthly payments from the second month will be taken by Direct Debit.
- Admin. We charge a one-off £95 admin fee for each new booking. This helps cover the set up costs for running a flexible subscription service.
- Delivery. We offer the first 50 miles for free and then £1 per mile after that. You can check your delivery charge by entering your postcode in the calculator on any of our electric car pages.
- Home charge point installation (optional). If you choose to include a home charge point, we’ll add a monthly charge to your subscription (see below), but we will charge £125 upfront to cover a standard installation.
Standard Package Pricing
The standard package is the monthly price you see advertised for any car on our website. This includes:
- Electric car hire
- Comprehensive insurance cover
- All scheduled maintenance & servicing
- Breakdown cover
- A carbon offset donation to account for manufacturing emissions
The standard package fee may vary depending on how long you choose to have the car and how many miles per month you need. The basic mileage allowance is 800 miles per month (though this rolls over so just needs to average at 800 miles per month for the period you have the vehicle).
We also add a surcharge to certain subscriptions:
- £30pm if you live in Greater London or the West Midlands - this covers the additional costs for insuring, servicing and managing our fleet in these areas.
- £10pm per additional driver you include in your subscription.
Customising your subscription
Once you’ve selected your standard electric car package, you can customise the subscription to include extra options and features according to your lifestyle and preferences. We currently offer:
- Home charge point - add an Ohme Charge point to your subscription for an upfront installation fee of £125 (subject to terms) and £38 per month on a 12 month subscription or £76 a month on a 6 month subscription.
- Home energy bundle - add 800 miles (or 200kWh) worth of energy for £20 a month - that’s 10p/kWh. You’ll have to join our partner, So Energy, to be eligible though!
- Public charging membership - add unlimited access to the BP Pulse Network for £10 a month.
You can find more detailed information about each in our How it Works section.
Here's a pricing breakdown of a Renault ZOE ZE50 subscription
At the End of your Subscription
Once you’ve given us 30 days’ notice to end your subscription, we’ll charge the remaining days on a pro rata basis based on your usual monthly payment.
Once your subscription has ended, we’ll send you a final invoice covering:
- Collection. This is charged at the same rate as delivery (50 miles free then £1/mile).
- Damages. The cost of any damage to the car beyond reasonable wear and tear.